Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Creative Call

Today I am embarking on an 8-week quest to breathe life into my writing and into myself as an artist. I have committed to doing the following 6 things:

  1. To read a chapter per week in the book The Creative Call: An Artist's Response to the Way of the Spirit and to complete the exercises in each chapter.
  2. To return to the habit and practice of scripture memorization.
  3. To write at least 5 days a week.
  4. To pray daily that the Lord would be in charge of the changes that will take place in my life as a result of seeking the Spirit’s movement in my creative life.
  5. Seek prayer support through my friends and family.
  6. To believe that a) God gave me artistic gifts, b) God gave me artistic gifts for a reason, c) that He wants me to use these gifts, and d) it’s not too late to steward these gifts well.

In addition, I will try to post my thoughts and reflections on this process on my blog to catalogue what the Spirit is revealing to me about Himself, myself, and His plans for me. Please pray that the Lord would do a great work in me, to the praise of the glory of His grace.

No comments: